Young Kids’ English Summer Camp
The earlier a child is introduced to a second language, the greater the chances are that the child will become truly proficient in the language. Experts claim that "A child taught a second language under the age of 10 is more likely to speak it like a native." This statement is supported by linguists and has been proven in extensive research studies.
At Atlantic S.E.A.L we want to offer every kid, of every age the opportunity to excel in English. Our Young Kids' Summer Camp is for 3 to 8 year olds. Here they have the opportunity to mix with Irish children while learning, laughing, playing and making friends all through the medium of the English language.
Easter (April 10th to April 21st 2017) & Summer (mid June til the end of August 2017)
Our very popular Summer Programmes for juniors ( 9 to 12/ 13 to 17 years) and Young Kiddies ( 3 to 8 Years) will run from mid June to the end of August (It may also be possible to attend until end of first week in September , just enquire).
Junior School Location in Schull, Co.Cork, Ireland
The Younger, the Better:
Children who learn a language before the onset of adolescence are much more likely to have native-like pronunciation. A number of experts attribute this proficiency to physiological changes that occur in the maturing brain as a child enters puberty.
Here at Atlantic SEAL our Kiddies' English English Camp makes learning English fun and easy for our 3 to 8 year olds. However, just as we have always known, the benefits are more than fun and really long lasting.
Here you can see what we here at Atalntic SEAL knew all along and our younger students prove it. Click here to read the study that shows this is true: http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2015/151201/ncomms10073/full/ncomms10073.html
What do they do from 9am to 2pm each day?
- Free Play
- Arts & Crafts
- Action Rhymes (acting out songs)
- Active games – ‘Moths & Bats’ ‘Blind Man’s Bluff’ etc
- Beach walks gathering shells, stones and sticks for arts & crafts. Identifying flora & fauna & ‘Name and Draw What You See’.
- Scavenger Hunts with prizes.
- Language Art.
- Nature Art
- Picture books and storytelling.
- Essential functional language to use with new friends (‘Pass me the scissors, please’, ‘May I go to the toilet?’, ‘Could I have a marker, please?’
Benefits to your child of being involved in the Young Kids’ English Summer Camp:
- Introducing children to alternative ways of expressing themselves & to different cultures generally gives them a wider outlook in life.
- They develop an priceless lifelong ability to communicate with more people.
- Children derive other benefits from early language instruction, including improved overall school performance and superior problem-solving skills.
- Knowing a second language ultimately provides a competitive advantage in the work force by opening up additional job opportunities.
- Mental Health: recent research shows that children who become proficient in a second language have better mental health & unlikely to suffer from dementia (Alzheimer’s disease) in later life.
About our Summer Camp Teachers:
WE are very particular about who takes care of the 'Atlantic SEAL kids': our Young Kids' Summer Camp teachers are all university graduates & not only are they qualified & experienced specialists in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) but are also qualified in Young Child Education & Development. (Montessori, Steiner etc).
Easy for all the family:
The Young Kids' Summer Camp is located just a few minutes on foot from our Adult English school–in our safe & beautiful village, so Mum & Dad are always nearby. We synchronise timetables so parents and younger kids and also their teenager siblings attend one of our 3 separate, but closeby centres and so they can easily enjoy a unique ‘whole family’ learning experience but with each individual's age, level & needs carefully attended to.
|Young Kids' Summer Camp Programme||€315 per week||
All tuition, supervision, learning materials, mini excursions and materials and special 'Certificate of Merit' at the end.
Does not include food and snacks. We will let you know exactly what your child needs each day. First time students pay a 'once only' registration fee (not paid again if the child attends in another year) . Discounts for families with more than one child attending. We can arrange accommodation & airport transfers.